I didn't take a picture of this dish, but it was so delish you just have to trust me - and go make it!
Moroccan Vegetable Stew
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2 pounds) peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4" slices (I just used two snack size bags of the small carrots)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-19 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup prunes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
1. Sautee squash, carrot and onion in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat until the onions are clear (about 10 minutes)
2. Add remaining ingrediants
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until all vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
4. Serve over couscous (if you don't have couscous, it is just as good without).
Recipe from: Good Housekeeping Cookbook